Interesting Articles about STEM/STEAM
- Maryville University Online wants to help educate people on the benefits of a career in STEM fields as well as provide the resources necessary for women of all backgrounds to follow their passion and desired career path. This guide provides some information about the current gender and diversity gaps in STEM university studies and careers, reasons for those gaps, and strategies to help promote inclusivity in STEM-related industries.
- Why Making Is Essential to Learning
- At the heart of making is the idea that all students are creators, and hands-on learning plays a key role in maker education.
- Engineering for Kids: Why is STEM Education So Important?
- Science literacy depends on a solid knowledge base in the STEM areas. It is clear that most jobs of the future will require a basic understanding of math and science.
- What is STEM and STEAM? A Guide for Parents and Educators
- STEM and STEAM are project- and inquiry-based activities with a focus on interdisciplinary learning.
- Cool STEM Resources on the Web
- A long list of STEM resources helpful for parents and teachers
- Beyond LEGOS: Coding for Kids
- This article features Gretchen Caserotti’s library’s successful kids’ coding classes with an annotated list of resources. Don’t let the fact that you don’t know how to write code stop you from helping kids learn to code.
- Preschool Teachers Ask Children Too Many Simple Questions: Study examined teachers’ approach during shared reading
- When preschool teachers read books in their classrooms, the questions they ask play a key role in how much children learn, research has shown. But a new study that involved observing teachers during class story times found that they asked few questions — and those that they did ask were usually too simple.