Tynkertopia is hiring for the following position: Siler Homes Community Coordinator
Tynkertopia, Inc. is a non-profit community center in Flagstaff, AZ focusing on creativity, inquiry, and STEAM knowledge and skills.
Flagstaff is America’s First STEM Community, and Tynkertopia is Flagstaff’s STEAM Community Center.
STEM: Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics + A for the Arts = STEAM
Enjoy working with our energetic, engaging, and well-educated Executive Director, great staff, and cadre of dedicated volunteers.
To apply: Send your résumé and letter of interest to Dr. Alice Christie, Tynkertopia Founder and Executive Director at email@example.com.
Siler Homes Community Coordinator
Part-time: 20 hours per week • Salary: $15.50 – $18/hour
In this position, you will:
- oversee our AZ PBS early childhood literacy program
- provide education and mentoring to children aged 4-14 who live in the Siler Homes Community;
- develop curriculum designed to engage students who are often struggling in school;
- offer STEAM classes, camps and workshops;
- offer homework help;
- mentor children to help them deal with academic challenges and develop collaboration skills;
- track daily attendance in the program;
- provide weekly opportunities for oral feedback from participants;
- provide monthly opportunities for parents to provide oral and/or written feedback.
- High School Diploma, Bachelor’s degree preferred;
- Fingerprint clearance card;
- Strong oral communication skills;
- Documented positive experiences while working with children, youth, and families;
- Interest in building rapport and developing relationships with children, youth, and families;
- Ability to collaborate with colleagues, parents, volunteers, and community members;
- Proactive and enthusiastic attitude about the Tynkertopia mission; and
- Discretion, confidentiality, and trustworthiness.
Afternoon and evening hours Tuesday through Friday plus some weekend hours.
Tynkertopia is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.