When it comes to preparing your children for the future, there are few better ways to do so than to help them learn to code! Coding helps kids develop academic skills, build qualities like perseverance and organization, and gain valuable 21st-century skills that can even translate into a career. Adapted from the Tynker blog, here are the top 10 reasons kids should learn to code:
Coding Improves Academic Performance
1. Math: Coding helps kids visualize abstract concepts, lets them apply math to real-world situations, and makes math fun and creative!
2. Writing: Kids who code understand the value of concision and planning, which results in better writing skills.
3. Creativity: Kids learn through experimentation and strengthen their brains when they code, allowing them to embrace their creativity.
4. Confidence: Kids build confidence as they learn to problem-solve through coding!
Coding Builds Soft Skills
5. Focus and Organization: As they write more complicated code, kids naturally develop better focus and organization.
6. Resilience: With coding comes debugging – and there’s no better way to build perseverance and resilience than working through challenges!
7. Communication: Coding teaches logical communication, strengthening both verbal and written skills. Think about it: learning code means learning a new language!
Paves a Path to the Future
8. Empowerment: Kids are empowered to make a difference when they
9. Life Skills: Coding is a basic literacy in the digital age, and it’s important for
kids to understand – and be able to innovate with – the technology
10. Career Preparation: There’s a high demand for workers in the tech
industry; mastering coding at a young age allows kids to excel in any field